WORKSHOPS & TUTORIALS
WORKSHOPS & TUTORIALS PAPER SUBMISSION ARE NOW CLOSED.
The period for submission of proposals will begin on 1 November 2015.
The deadline for submitting proposals will be 15 January 2016 18 January 2016.
Notification of acceptance decision will be made by 15 February 2016.
Presentation materials from all presenters are due by 1 May 2016 3 May 2016.
COMMERCIALISM IN WORKSHOPS
It is the policy of the EMC Society that commercialism shall be prohibited in all workshops and technical sessions. This applies to the written paper or notes as well as the oral presentation. Before publication, workshop notes and technical session papers shall be reviewed by the Symposium Committee for commercialism and rejected or revised if necessary.
Guidelines: The following is a series of guidelines that will be used by the Symposium Committee when reviewing workshop notes and technical session papers:
• Authors name, company name, address, phone number, fax number and e-mail address may be on the first slide only.
• All subsequent slides may have only ONE small (discreet) company logotype of less than 3% of the total image area in the margin of each slide or overhead transparency. No name, address and phone number.
• The company logotype shall not be used in a watermark fashion.
• All material printed in the workshop notes must adhere to the above requirements.
• Material printed in the Symposium Record may contain name, company, address and phone number on the first page only. No logotypes may be used and no additional mention may be made of the company except as necessary for the technical content of the paper.
• Authors and presenters shall refrain from making statements implying that their company’s product or service is better than others, or that such products and services are necessary.
• Frequent references to trade names shall be considered commercial and shall not be permitted during a presentation at a workshop, technical session or tutorial.
Please submit proposals to our Workshops and Tutorial Program Chair:
The template files for PowerPoint presentations can be found here. This year's screen size is 16:9 widescreen.
If you prefer the 4:3 standard format, choose one of the following templates. (Please be advised that the screens will be 16:9 format so if you use a 4:3 template, your presentation will not utilize the full screen and will be harder for attendees to read.)