header image


Nestled at the junction of three rolling rivers and bordering the provinces of Québec and Ontario, Ottawa is one of the world’s most beautiful capital cities. Located at a four-hour drive north-east of Toronto and two hours west of Montreal, Ottawa is easy to get to by car or by train at any time of year. The Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport is also located just 20 minutes from downtown Ottawa, offering more than 130 non-stop flights daily to more than 50 destinations in Canada, the United States and European centres out of its state-of-the-art terminal. With so many transportation options available, getting here is easy!


Macdonald-Cartier International Airport, located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada was named after Sir John A. Macdonald and Sir George-Etienne Cartier. Just south of downtown Ottawa, it’s Canada’s sixth busiest airport, serving close to 5 million passengers a year. The airport’s internal design focuses on creating a calm and easy travel experience for passengers, including the display of various art by commissioned Canadian artists. The airport is open 24 hours and offers a full range of passenger services.  For FAQ regarding everything from car rentals to parking and food services, visit www.yow.ca/en/travel-planning/faq.
    1000 Airport Parkway Private, Ottawa, ON K1V 9B4, Canada
    Phone +1 613-248-2000, www.yow.ca/en



Au feel de l’eau – Aqua-Taxi: 819-329-2413
Casino du Lac-Leamy docking facilities: 819-772-2100


There are two city bus systems in Canada’s Capital Region. OC Transpo (613-741-4390) operates in the Ontario side of the Ottawa River and the Société de Transport de l’Outaouais (819-770-3242) operates on the Québec side. You can transfer between these systems along Rideau and Wellington Streets in Ottawa and around the Place d’accueil on Maisonneuve Boulevard in Gatineau. Both agencies offer convenient trip planning tools on their websites.


Allanté Airline Transportation Services:  613-741-7111
Millennium Limousine Service/Caddy: 613-860-5466


Blue Line Taxi:  613-238-1111
Capital Taxi: 613-744-3333
DJ’s Taxi: 613-829-9900



The technical attendees at the symposium are encouraged to wear at a minimum business casual (long pants, knee length skirts, long or short sleeved shirts/blouses.

Presenters, session chairs and other participants involved in the symposium program are recommended to come in business formal wear: business suit and tie or business dress.

The recommended clothing for the reception is business casual.

The recommended clothing for the Gala is casual.


Outlets and voltage (110 volts) are the same as in the United States. Small appliances such as hair dryers, irons, and razors can be used in Canada. For those from other countries, adapters are required for electrical appliances. The frequency of electrical current in Canada is 60 Hz.


Currency can be exchanged at banks or at currency exchange stations. Some hotels and other merchants accept foreign currency, but it is recommended that visitors exchange currency before they arrive.


For up-to-date tax information, visit the Canada Revenue Agency website at www.cra.gc.ca/visitors.


For good service at a restaurant, a tip of 15% of the pre-tax bill is customary. Some restaurants add a service charge to the bill, especially in large groups, in which case further tipping is not expected. Tipping is also customary in bars, salons/spas, and taxis.


Citizens of certain countries and territories need a visa to visit or transit through Canada.  Others need an eTA.  You should apply now for an eTA.  For more details, please see the Canadian Government website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

NEW:  Starting 15 March 2016, visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).  Exceptions include U.S. citizens and foreign nationals with a valid visa.  Generally speaking, the guidelines are:

  • Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, are not eligible to apply for an eTA and are strongly encouraged to travel with a valid Canadian passport.
  • Holders of Alien (foreign) passports and Stateless individuals need a visa to visit or transit through Canada.  You may apply as a tourist or as a business visitor.
  • Foreign nationals will need an eTA before boarding their flight to Canada.  
  • U.S. citizens do not need an eTA or a visa; however, a valid passport or other proper identification must be presented at the border.

VISA Invitation Letter
The IEEE EMC Society is happy to provide a Visa Invitation Letter upon request.  Registrants must be in a paid conference registration category (guests must be registered with a paid full conference registrant).  The registration must be paid in full with a valid credit card or check before a letter will be issued.  Fulfillment may be delayed while validity of payment is confirmed.  Letters are emailed or faxed at no charge.  A $75 USD fee will apply to send the original letter via FedEx International.  Please allow a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for your government to process your visa.  

CLICK HERE for detailed visa / passport information.

Exhibit at EMC 2016

Reserve your exhibit space now. Come be a part of the most concentrated gathering of EMC and SIPI professionals and managers in the world with close to a thousand attendees.

Download the EMC 2016 Exhibitor Packet

Dexmet ENR Altair Hyperworks Evaluation Engineering Retliff