SPECIAL SESSION PAPERS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 8 MARCH, 2016.
Special Session Proposal Schedule
• Proposals for Special Sessions will be accepted from 1 November 2015- 20 December 2015
• Late proposals will not be accepted
• Notification of acceptance decision will be made by 8 January 2016
Special Session Paper Schedule
• Special Session Papers must be submitted by 21 February 2016 8 March 2016
• Late papers will not be accepted
• Notification of review feedback, 27 March 2016
• Final version of Special Session papers from all authors are due no later than 1 May 2016 3 May 2016
ATTENTION SPECIAL SESSION ORGANIZERS AND AUTHORS
Authors of potential Special Session Papers are strongly encouraged to submit their papers as regular papers following the schedule and process for regular papers - instead of following the Special Session Paper schedule or waiting for approval of the Special Session Proposal.
This option has the major advantage for authors that, if the Special Session Proposal is not selected, the paper will still be reviewed on its own merits and can still be accepted for publication at the symposium. If the Special Session is accepted, the Special Session organizers can refer to the paper submission number and the paper will be transferred to the Special Session.
SPECIAL SESSION ORGANIZER RESPONSIBILITIES
For proposals that are accepted, the Special Session organizer will be responsible for soliciting presentations, corresponding with session speakers, ensuring deadlines are met by the speakers, corresponding with the symposium committee and moderating the session at the symposium.
All Special Session papers are peer reviewed through the same process as all other technical paper submissions and must be original contributions. Tutorial papers are not acceptable in a Special Session.
Proposals will be reviewed and evaluated for:
• Importance of topic
• Novelty and originality
• Technical depth
• Readability and clarity of proposal
- Special Sessions with only one speaker will not be accepted-
CONTENT OF PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS
Proposals for special sessions must contain the following information:
- Title of the Special Session
- Abstract detailing the content of the session
- Statement of what makes the session special
- Name of the Special Session Chair with full contact information, including address, telephone number, e-mail address and company/affiliation name
- List of planned authors/presenters and paper subjects with titles if available
- Primary audience and secondary audience being targeted
SPECIAL SESSIONS PAPER SUBMISSIONS
The template files to be used for all paper submissions can be found here:
The template files for PowerPoint presentations can be found here. This year's screen size is 16:9 widescreen.
If you prefer the 4:3 standard format, choose one of the following templates. (Please be advised that the screens will be 16:9 format so if you use a 4:3 template, your presentation will not utilize the full screen and will be harder for attendees to read.)