EMC CALL FOR PAPERS
INFORMATION for Authors
Join your colleagues in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada where you can share your insight, ask questions, learn from the experts/innovators and see new products at the 2016 IEEE International Symposium on Electromagnetic Compatibility. The IEEE EMC Society is seeking original, unpublished papers covering all aspects of electromagnetic compatibility, including EMC design, modeling, measurements and education. This year’s symposium includes an embedded conference, 2016 IEEE International Conference on Signal and Power Integrity (SIPI 2016), featuring workshops, tutorials and technical sessions devoted to topics of interest to both EMC and Signal Integrity engineers.
EMC PAPER SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
AUTHOR SUBMISSION SCHEDULE FOR PAPERS
(late papers will not be accepted)
• Acceptance Notification: 21 February 2016
• Acceptance Notification for Revised Papers: 19 April 2016
• Final Paper Due: 1 May 2016 3 May 2016
Please refer to the Call for Special Sessions and Call for Workshops/Tutorials for their respective submission schedules.
• Open Forum: Presentation for those interested in direct interaction with individuals or small groups
EMC Society is offering a stipend to encourage and increase the involvement of graduate students and young scientists in the field of Electromagnetic Compatibility. The stipend would provide the equivalent of up to $2000 per person, for no more than 5 full-time students, to cover expenses associated with attendance at an EMC symposium for which they are the presenter of an accepted paper and a first timer at the conference. In addition the IEEE EMC 2016 Symposium committee has agreed to comp those 5 students' attendee fees. Students would need to apply for the stipend; recommendations from supervising professors would be required. Contact Vignesh Rajamani to learn how to apply.
• A preliminary manuscript (4 – 6 pages), including all relevant results and conclusions
• Choice of presentation format (traditional oral or open forum)
** Preliminary Manuscripts and Final papers are to be submitted using the link provided on the symposium website at www.emc2016.emcss.org after 1 November 2015. During the electronic submission process a unique author code is created for tracking purposes. Submissions are reviewed anonymously, so please do not include author names or affiliations on the Preliminary Manuscript. Failure to comply with submission requirements may result in rejection.
• Technical Sophistication and Depth: Does it present information that is a significant contribution, advancement, application or refinement of the state of the art?
• Readability, Clarity and Presentation: Is the value of the submission clearly defined? Is the material written in clear and concise English, with topics
• Novelty and Originality: Does it propose a new and unique concept or expand on an existing premise from a unique point of view?
• Submissions are reviewed anonymously
The template files to be used for all paper submissions can be found here:
The template files for PowerPoint presentations can be found here. This year's screen size is 16:9 widescreen.
If you prefer the 4:3 standard format, choose one of the following templates. (Please be advised that the screens will be 16:9 format so if you use a 4:3 template, your presentation will not utilize the full screen and will be harder for attendees to read.)